Friday, February 3, 2012

A reply I wrote on Facebook that I thought I should share here...

A friend posted this as his status on Facebook:

Trust your Shepherd. He'll do anything for His sheep, especially if you're the one who ran away.
One of his friends, Roxie, replied:

How I wish I could be so sure and trusting as you are! I really need some guidance and self assurance!

Here is what I wrote: (I felt God helping me find the right words - praise goes to HIM!)

I don't know you Roxie - but I have felt the same way in the past (as recently as last March/early April) I've struggled with it ALOT through the years. But it is DEAD now. I prayed for God to remove it from my life, and He DID - in a powerful way - and EF5 Tornado hit our house on April 27 of last year. I will never again doubt His love and care for longer than what it takes me to remember how we felt Him walking with us through that day and the weeks and months to follow. He BLESSED us in the storm and protected us, and many of our friends and even our stuff. He used the tornado to remove debt and distractions from our lives and provide us with gifts and a clear understanding of the infinite love He has for us. 

My recommendation would be that if you wish for that - turn that wish into a prayer - if you ask God for something that is within His will HE WILL GIVE IT TO YOU - there is no if's, and's or but's about it. And having a closer relationship with Him is definitely within His will. BUT (and this is the tough part) beware- He might use a shocking method to draw you closer to Him!! Before you pray that prayer - brace yourself - the ride might get a bit crazy - but in the end - it will be worth it!!!


--  just thought I should share this here too, for some reason - hope it touches someone who needs to hear it.   And lest anyone think >> I <<  'have it all together' - please know that I am facing this next storm season with a fair bit of apprehension.  It seems to have gotten an early start with two 'storms' in January!  But I am exercising those 'trust Him' muscles and getting stronger and stronger.  Please continue to hold our family in your prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment