There was apparently a drill this morning, testing the local tornado siren. Since we don't watch much news around here, we didn't know about it. A pretty strong line of storms rolled through here yesterday, in the late afternoon, and we knew that the next few days were supposed to be sort of unsettled, in a spotty sort of way. So this morning, as I was waking everyone up, I heard the sirens going off. The weather was a bit dark for the time of day that it was, but calm. Drizzly. We went to the computers first, which is actually what we typically do anyway, because sometimes the entire county alarm system will kick in even if only one small corner of it is in the warning zone. So we went to see what the story was, and there were no storm watches ANYWHERE, in the entire US! So it had to be a drill. But it sure does set your nerves on edge. I wish they would have a set time of day that they would do that, and a set day of the month.
There is supposed to be ice in here tonight. So we have all of our food needs covered for the next few days and are all set to hunker down if we need to. I'm actually looking forward to an unexpected evening at home. I am hoping to get some sewing done that I've been trying to get to for quite some time. I'll post pictures if I do. I'm wanting to make decorative pillows for our bed. I made the bedspread, and have had fabric, ever since, to make matching decorative pillows, and it just has not happened. Maybe tonight. Maybe. One can always hope.
I don't sew, but the inner wish I could says...do it! As I sit here reading blogs and not scrapbooking. Ha!
ReplyDelete